Offense Drill #1A: “Give & Go’s” (Point & Shooter)
- Demo (1 min): Give & Go ("Pass & Cut")
- Have players lined up in equal numbers on their proper floor-side, a few steps back from the point position, with balls.
- *Variation #1 (15 min): "Coach Passer." The ball carrier passes to either the weak-side shooter position (Variation #1A), or the strong-side shooter position (Variation #1B), and then cuts the middle receiving a give-and-go pass for a shot.
- *Variation #2 (15 min): "Player At The Shooter." Same as the above variation except players are passers at their proper-side shooter position after taking their turn at the point position; alternating lines each time through the drill.
- *Most common error = players not cutting toward their proper side when going through the middle