Games Drill #7: Lax Darts
- Place a garbage can in the middle of the face-off circle (if no garbage can is available, another option is aiming to get the ball into a basketball net - if in a school gym).
- Have players grouped in 4-6 lines depending on numbers (aim for 2-3 players per line if possible), with lines spread out evenly across the floor (north-south orientation), on one side of the restraining lines (coaches on the other side actively collecting balls to send back to the players).
- Lines should be an appropriate distance away from the garbage can, depending on age and skill level. Place pylons on the ground to mark the start of each line, where required.
- Variation #1 (5-10 min): "Taking Turns." On the coaches whistle all players at the front of their line lob the ball at the garbage can, trying to get it in. The winner is determined in a single elimination format, once all players have had at least one turn.
- Variation #2 (5-10 min): "Teams." Same as the above variation except teams play against each other in game to 3 or 5 (depending on player skill level).
- Variation #3 (5-10 min): "Free For All." Same as the above variations except all players can throw balls as they are returned by coaches, and players can battle for the loose balls until somebody corrals one (at which point they are free to shoot).